If you run window XP and use Windows Mail to manage your emails, you may want to make a backup before upgrading to MS Windows 8. Today we look at how to backup ms windows 8 emails.
If you want to know the best possible options for backing up individual emails, multiple emails or mail folders that you added to your outlook windows 7 mail clients. Not only do you want to automatically backup MS windows 8 emails, but you also want to be able to search through backed-up emails/attachments and be able to view or retrieve them when needed.
Some of the online guides suggest dragging emails to” on my computer “in Outlook to backup outlook windows operating system from time to time. While all you do is simply add data to the Microsoft Identity folder and further increase your chances of a crash. Some guides suggest simply dragging and dropping emails to a folder on your desktop, however it is difficult to restore emails or search them properly in case you ever end up with a dead outlook lock or Outlook windows 7.
Configuration by adding a new category in Outlook, name it MS windows 8 emails ‘.
First you need to install MAIL BACKUP X Software?
Once you have Downloaded the Dmg file, follow the below mentioned steps.
1. In the first step, double click on the DMG file to Launch the setup Wizad.
2. Now click on tab Continue to proceed to next step.
3. Please select an appropriate location with required disk space to proceed with the Mail Backup X App installation on your Mac
4. Click Continue to next step as Installer checks for the required disk space
5. Click Install to proceed with installation, if you want to change the install location you may choose to do so before you continue with this step. Once you click install, you will be prompted for your system password. Please enter the password to allow the install to proceed.
6. And the installation is completed.
A step-by-step guide to backing up Outlook Mail data to your Outlook
Step 1: Download the Mail Backup X application and install it on your Outlook.
Step 2: Once the Installation is finished. Start Mail Backup X from the programs / Quick Start menu
Step 3: you can start the fully functional test run of 15 days or activate the application once you have purchased it.
Step 4: you will be prompted to set up a new backup profile. Please select Setup a new Backup Profile
Step 5: the option” Mail Clients” is displayed. Select” Outlook Mail ” and proceed to the next step
Step 6: get the folder structure of Outlook Mail Accounts. Please select the folders you want to save from Outlook Mail
Step 7: now you will see advanced options such as the frequency of mail backup (automatically select as recommended or select the days and time period for backup). You can also specify that mirror locations for multiple copies of backups should be added and set up to provide additional security. You can also enable automatic USB synchronization. So when you connect the USB drive, it automatically copies and synchronizes a copy of the local backup to the USB Disc in the background.
Step 8: the backup profile is set up and your emails are now backed up according to the options and settings you have selected in the previous steps.